Top 10 tips for implementing IoT
- Don’t get blinded by cool technology. Align the application of technology to your community’s current strategies, goals and objectives.
- Explore what some cities in Singapore and South Korea are doing in this space, and learn from their experiences.
- Encourage an environment of freedom, experimentation and prototyping.
- Design a pilot that addresses a measurable public problem and promises quantifiable benefits, results and return on investment.
- Partner with the private sector to move to an operational setting.
- Whenever possible, make information and data available to the public for educational purposes and to encourage third-party innovation.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is ready with ample bandwidth and strong security.
- Plan for the scalability of things versus people, particularly
when it comes to connecting and managing all of these devices.
- Pursue IoT training to gain familiarity with the technology.
- Understanding the policy landscape, and communicate frequently with all stakeholders.
38 total views, 1 views today